It can also increase productivity because it lets workers contribute to projects as ideas come to them throughout the day and without the distractions of the office. Maximize the productivity of your team by using one of the best collaboration software. Xtensio, a creative collaboration platform, lets you develop living documents, collaborate with internal & external teams, and share your work in different formats. People are spending 252% more time in meetings than they were before the remote work transition, according to Microsoft’s New Future of Work report. But there is great potential to improve productivity by reducing this time commitment while ensuring people do not miss anything important.
Many of these questions were floating around when remote work took off in 2020, but now people have a much better understanding of how advantageous remote collaboration can really be. When collaborating with your team, you need an effective strategy to go along with increased communication. Using efficient channels for communication can increase productivity by focusing on only affected and interested parties instead of becoming a distraction to entire teams that aren’t involved.
Try Premium Remote Work Apps for Free
The only one that users need to remember is the master password which is used to open the app. Depending on how your communications are set up, a request in the appropriate chat channel or an email might be enough to get you what you’re asking for. There’s no way to guarantee your team members will read your messages right away. If you have an international team with members in different countries and time zones, they almost certainly won’t be able to get back to you at the same time.
- Even though the team is working remotely, forcing your team to discuss only specifically segmented, work-related topics isn’t conducive to a friendly, collaborative work environment.
- What makes Chanty unique compared to competitors such as Slack is that it’s incredibly fast and easy to use and it has an unlimited message history, even in the free plan.
- In the age of instant communication, customer support is becoming more important than ever.
- Google Drive is a popular cloud-based storage system that is both convenient & secure for remote workers.
- If you do all of your work from Slack as a part of a remote team, you’ll be happy to know that there is a tool that lets you handle all of your customer support tickets directly from the app.
- You can visualize time-zone differences for any date and even share links to specific event times without signing up for an account.
Considering the unique nature of remote collaboration, there is nothing more important than ensuring that your team’s communication is both clear and efficient. In that regard, it’s necessary for remote collaborators, who largely rely on text-based messages, to pay attention to the number of messages they send and the tone and manner they are using. Remote collaboration is one thing, but effective remote collaboration is another concept altogether. Like with most other types of project collaboration, poor lines of communication and a lack of internal standards are just a few symptoms of ineffective remote collaborations. We’ve outlined some of the main reasons why effective remote collaboration is so important below. To that end, bear in mind that remote collaboration’s distance is not just physical, but also operational and affinitive.
Find the Remote Collaboration tools that best fit your team
And if you’re out to do it for the first time, you may find the task a bit tricky but it is not impossible. https://remotemode.net/ is an extremely important facet of the modern workplace, and taking advantage of it could produce serious results for your team. If you’re interested in learning more about the best remote collaboration tools and integrating them into your team, check out our free online whiteboard tool.
These are our picks for the best remote-working tools that have made it easier for remote teams to soften the impact of moving from the office to home & stay connected. As a knowledge base, it enables users to create, manage, & publish articles in real-time. remote collaboration For remote developers or employees, centralized information management makes collaboration & productivity easier. Document360 is a software-as-a-service platform that allows businesses to create a self-service knowledge base for their customers & employees.
Move your collaboration to the cloud
Plus, with its 24/7 customer service, reaching out for technical assistance at any time is made very accessible. It makes annotation easier by allowing users to add an upload, screenshot, or pasted image. Plus, users can share finished work with colleagues using links, downloadable images, & copying work to the clipboard. It even has a feature that creates a history trail of all edits & screenshots to help with reworking annotations later.
- This allows each new contact to be automatically logged & improves employees’ onboarding experience.
- Effective collaboration allows remote teams to communicate effortlessly and, ultimately, increase productivity through streamlined outcomes.
- Talent is everywhere, and we appreciate this at Bubbles, with our team transcending geographical barriers, ranging from Costa Rica to Poland.
- Butter is a powerful collaboration tool that allows teams to facilitate virtual workshops and integrate tools into the presentation process.
The platform is praised for its intuitive interface & convenient screen & file sharing features. It helps improve internal communication & visually sharing ideas with co-workers. PhotoAiD is an AI-based online service for taking biometric passport, ID, & visa photos with just a smartphone. It helps to alleviate the stress of remote team members that need to get a visa or renew a passport. This is even more useful considering travel is still not as flexible as it once was.
It has a simple user interface, and that eliminates the need for comprehensive product training. Plus, mobile apps are available for both iOS and Android users, which promise ease of accessibility. Created by designers for designers, InVision is a tool for prototyping, collaboration, and workflow management. The rise of remote work has been extreme and, thus, should be covered before delving into the benefits, or lack thereof.
- Even if it’s only 15 minutes a day, regular video calls can do a lot to strengthen connections and create empathy between members of your team.
- A common practice for remote collaboration is to “overcommunicate,” which can be very positive in this context.
- Create stunning presentations without breaking a sweat, as Xtensio lets you use images, videos, tables, and so on.
- By fostering a commitment to continuous improvement, you ensure that your remote team remains agile, resilient, and ready to tackle the evolving challenges of the digital workspace.
- One of the biggest challenges anyone has to face when transitioning to working remotely is learning to accept that you have limited access to the other people on your team.
It’s difficult to guarantee that people will always be available at certain times, and even if they are, it can often result in breaking up workflows in order to create free time. By implementing the seven strategies discussed above, you’re not just navigating the challenges of remote work; you’re transforming them into opportunities for growth and connection. As the digital landscape continues to evolve, the importance of fostering a collaborative remote work environment cannot be overstated. Furthermore, promoting clear boundaries between work and personal life is essential for maintaining a healthy work-life balance. Creating a robust team culture in a remote work setup requires intentional efforts. Virtual team-building activities inject a sense of camaraderie and fun into the work routine, breaking down the virtual barriers.